[mythtv] Noob linux developer question

Matt Doran matt.doran at papercut.biz
Fri Apr 27 07:27:43 UTC 2007

Hi guys,

I've been working on a patch for myth which Chris P has been reviewing
for me.  I haven't done much development on Linux before and have a
question relating to development.

The changes I'm making are in libmythtv.  If I recompile the library I
need to do a "make install" so that when testing the binaries pickup new
version of the library.  This is a little annoying.

Is it possible to change some configuration so that when testing a
binary (like mythshutdown), it uses the just compiled version of the
shared library, instead of the installed one?

Thanks!!
Matt