[mythtv] Why allow conflicting bindings (was Re: "New" default keybindings)

Yeechang Lee ylee at pobox.com
Thu Apr 26 06:10:42 UTC 2007

Roo <roo.watt at gmail.com> says:
> I think a more specific local binding should override a less specific (more
> general) global binding as well, I believe there is a ticket with patch that
> was submitted some time ago to do this.

It's John P. Poet's work and it's not yet in a ticket; see
<URL:http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/dev/232494>. I can't
test it as it doesn't patch against 0.20-fixes, but I hope John
tickets it anyway so as to give it the exposure it deserves. I do use
(for the same purpose Martin Long was interested in), and recommend,
his earlier patch on the same topic; see
<URL:http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/232375#232375>.