[mythtv] Why allow conflicting bindings (was Re: "New" default keybindings)

Martin Long mythtv at longhome.co.uk
Wed Apr 25 18:37:53 UTC 2007

I've actually noticed that if I set a Jump Points binding of key 'S' to
'Program Guide', then it overrides the 'S' for 'GUIDE' in 'TV Playback'.

Would it be possible to have local bindings to override jump points? Local
bindings are always more specific, and should really be used in preference.
There seems to be no other way of having the Guide key on my remote jump to
the TV guide from 'Watch TV' and the scheduling guide from everywhere else.