[mythtv] Fwd: Ubuntu Feisty - Weekly builds (and packaging) of trunk

Jose Bernardo Silva jose.bandos at gmail.com
Wed Apr 25 17:13:10 UTC 2007

What I do is this approach:

sudo apt-get build-dep mythtv mythplugins mythtv-themes
cd "to your build directory"
apt-get source mythtv
apt-get source mythplugins
apt-get source mythtv-themes

This sets up the ubuntu structure. Now all I need to do is to copy the
mythtv/debian dir to where I did the svn checkout, then edit the
debian/changelog (to reflect the svn revision). Then a "fakeroot
debian/rules binary" builds the binary debs. Don't forget to remove
the patches that fail from debian/patches/00list. All you need to do
for mythplugins and mythtv-themes is the same copy of debian.
Also, before doing the next "svn up", don't forget to do a "fakeroot
debian/rules clean".