[mythtv] firewire branch status?

Steven Adeff adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com
Tue Apr 24 11:45:52 UTC 2007

On 4/12/07, Daniel Kristjansson <danielk at cuymedia.net> wrote:
> On Thu, 2007-04-12 at 14:19 -0400, Steven Adeff wrote:
> > >
> > > Change the "#if 0" in linuxfirewiredevice.cpp's ResetBus()
> > > to "#if 1" and it will do this for you automatically.
> > >
> > > This will glitch any other firewire recordings which are
> > > ongoing, but if you are only using one firewire recorder
> > > this is not an issue.
> >
> > will it do this every time it looks to record or only when it doesn't
> > get a signal? I'd prefer to only have to worry about it when the box
> > gets reset (which seems to be rarely).
>
> It will force a reset only when it doesn't get data.

I've been running this for a few days now with no problems, that could
mean it hasn't been required or its worked fine.

I've been thinking of moving this cablebox over to my master backend
and converting the box there to record via firewire instead of through
the PVR-150. This of course will have the problem you mention of a
recording box getting reset.

Which got me thinking, this reset doesn't need to occur that often (at
least in my case), and I don't know how things will behave when I've
got both boxes daisy chained to one machine, but... What would the
effect be of reseting the bus when no firewire devices are recording
right before one will begin recording? Sort of a "lets do this just in
case" sorta thing?

--
Steve
Before you ask, read the FAQ!