[mythtv] Help with keybinding not being recognised after patching source

Roo roo.watt at gmail.com
Sun Apr 22 14:38:14 UTC 2007

> Thanks for your help... I have had a quick look and you are right, the
> binding isn't making it into the DB I will look into it.

I have tried running mythfrontend -v all and can see the query to fetch the
bindings for PAUSE, STOP and all the original REG_KEY's from main.cpp but I
don't see a query for PLAY (the binding I added).

I have searched for other libmythmusic.so on my hdd and the only instances
are in the source tree and the install location, I have manually deleted the
installed version and run make install to ensure the latest built version is
used.

- There is no keybinding for PLAY in the Music context.
- I have looked at the REG_KEY macro, it appears that it first tries to
fetch the keybinding for the registered  key and if it doesn't exist it then
sets the default value in the DB.
- As mentioned above I don't even see the first query to fetch the current
value of the keybinding when the frontend is run with -v all.
- I don't see the setting of the default keybinding either (assuming the
first query failed)
- I don't think the fact that the original keybindings are set should
matter, the test and set queries operate on individual key bindings.

Any further help would be appreciated (from anyone).

Cheers,

Roo.