[mythtv] Help with keybinding not being recognised after patching source

Micah Galizia micahgalizia at gmail.com
Sun Apr 22 11:15:16 UTC 2007

On 4/22/07, Roo <roo.watt at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,

Hello Roo,

I thought that I would add a key binding for "Play" to Mythmusic, however I
> am having some trouble.
>
> I have added a REG_KEY("Music", "PLAY", "Play track", "Ctrl+P"); line to
> the setupKeys(...) in main.cpp and added the behaviour for the PLAY action
> to playbackbox.h.
> After compiling mythtv and then mythplugins the key binding doesn't seem
> to work and I don't see the new keybinding in Mythcontrol key editor.

You wouldn't see the binding in Mythcontrols if key binding isn't making it
into the database. However, REG_KEY (or MythMainWindow::RegisterKey) should
add the binding to the database if it isn't already in there, so I'm not
sure why it isn't added.

Just wondering if someone can give me a heads up on why this didn't work and
> where I should be looking? I have attached the changes I have made to this
> email.

A good place to start would be to figure out why they key binding it isn't
being added to the database.  REG_KEY just evaluates to
MythMainWindow::RegisterKey, so you might want to start by looking at what
happens with your added key in RegisterKey.

Good luck!
--
"The mark of an immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause,
while the mark of the mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one."