[mythtv] Mythtv Gui

Steven Adeff adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com
Fri Apr 20 14:42:57 UTC 2007

On 4/20/07, Justin Hornsby <justin.hornsby at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'd like to echo Peter's comment about smooth scrolling.  Other than
> the pure aesthetic aspects , it'd also allow more information to be
> shown onscreen.  Think of show titles & descriptions.. if the text is
> too long to fit in the designated area, it could begin to scroll,
> ticker style.  Obviously you'd only want that to happen on the
> currently selected item though.... this could also open the door to
> having information displayed in currently unused screen areas on menus
> .. think RSS news feeds, weather data... etc.  So XBMC does both of
> these things - it's true, but if they're good ideas why not 'borrow'
> them? ;)
>
> As far as I can tell (and I've only looked into it briefly) smooth
> scrolling *might* be quite simple to implement, but that obviously
> depends on the method used to display lists in mythtv.
>
> Anyway since this is beginning to sound a bit like whining I'm going to ssshhh..

I think Peter's smooth scrolling has to do with scrolling pages of
lists (and yes, smooth scrolling in this sense would be nice, or you
could set your repeat rate lower so it scrolls slower, because really,
thats all smooth scrolling is, a slower scroll.

As for Justin's version, its more of a side scrolling, and I
completely agree that it would be a great feature, especially in
MythMusic. Now we wait for Isaac to get back to playing with the eye
candy stuff =)

--
Steve
Before you ask, read the FAQ!