[mythtv] #3031 test patch 7

Daniel Kristjansson danielk at cuymedia.net
Thu Apr 19 17:12:36 UTC 2007

On Thu, 2007-04-19 at 11:58 -0500, Derek Meek wrote:
> is this a stand along patch?  and is it safe to try to change channels?
> last time i tried to use my ATSC card i crashed backend in the middle of
> several STDV recordings

Derek, I don't see any ticket describing your crash. In order
to get something like that fixed you need to generate a
backtrace with a debugging build of SVN head and create
a ticket describing the problem. #3031 has nothing to do
with crashes, it has to do with MythTV randomly failing
to record digital streams because the recorder doesn't get
some of the tuning information it needs from the tuning
process. On the bright side, crashes are usually easier to
fix than random failures like the one described in #3031.

-- Daniel