[mythtv] [mythtv-commits] mythtv commit: r13275 by stuartm

Dan Wilga mythtv-dev2 at dwilga-linux1.amherst.edu
Thu Apr 19 13:30:27 UTC 2007

At 12:21 PM -0700 4/18/07, Bruce Markey wrote:
>mythtv at cvs.mythtv.org wrote:
>>       Author: stuartm
>>         Date: 2007-04-18 16:02:05 +0000 (Wed, 18 Apr 2007)
>>New Revision: 13275
>>    Changeset: http://cvs.mythtv.org/trac/changeset/13275
>>
>>Modified:
>>
>>    trunk/mythtv/libs/libmythtv/proglist.cpp
>>
>>Log:
>>
>>Closes #3122
>>
>>Apply patch to remember proglist sorting preferences.
>
>I don't think this is a good idea. While it is easy and possible,
>that doesn't mean that it follows that it is a Good Thing. Consider
>the number of concerned users that post saying that they don't
>see all their recordings on the Watch Recordings page (after
>they selected a group other than "All Programs"). The confusion
>would be worse for users who hit 1 or 2 on any proglist page (maybe
>by accident) and always get funky episode lists forever after.

Personally, I use the Movies and New Titles lists most often. In both
of these cases, it's invariably better to default to sorting by
title, because there are simply too many duplicate showings to make
the lists useful otherwise.

So, what about storing the settings separately for each search type?
Yes, it's a little more work, but I do agree that it would be more
intuitive. I'd be willing to write this patch if it will be accepted.