[mythtv] virtual tuner via BitTorrent plug-in

Martin Long mythtv at longhome.co.uk
Mon Apr 16 08:43:12 UTC 2007

In actual fact, there is nothing wrong with ripping CDs and DVDs in the US,
or pretty much anywhere else. There could be perfectly legitimate reasons
for doing so - they could be your own work, for example, to which you own
the copyright.

CD/DVD mastering and duplication services would be in a great deal of
difficulty if they weren't able to rip a master.

What IS illegal, under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, is the use of
methods to circumvent digital rights management. This functionality is not
provided by mythtv, but by a separate library you have to obtain from
elsewhere.