[mythtv] Same old mind reading crud.

Marco Nelissen marcone at xs4all.nl
Sat Apr 14 20:50:24 UTC 2007

>On 04/14/2007 02:40 PM, Marco Nelissen wrote:
>>> So, are you going to create the "How to schedule your recordings for
>>> Myth" matrix and post it where people can print it off for use when
>>> scheduling?
>>>

>> I don't think you'd need a matrix to document the simple system
>> described above.
>>

>It's not documenting it, it's to help the user figure out what values to
>use for the priority of each and every recording schedule they create...

I don't understand. What I had in mind was a simple scheme whereby the
user basically answers the question 'which show do I value most?'.
You'd end up with a big list of shows, sorted from "must have" to "I
don't really care that much". That's a pretty simple concept for anyone
to grasp. I think everyone has an intuitive understanding of "I like
this show more than I like that show", and I don't see how a 'matrix'
would be necessary, or even helpful here.