[mythtv] how to get and use Java-based UI from mythtv interface

Nigel Pearson nigel at ind.tansu.com.au
Thu Apr 12 02:11:02 UTC 2007

> the file: java_application.sh only includes the following content:
> java -classpath . VoteDialog
> (VoteDialog is one swing-based UI application)
>
> but, when I choose the "Extern Application" item(), no any action,
> and I found the following warning appear on terminal:
> Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: VoteDialog
>
> but because I can run this java application(VoteDialog) on terminal
> properlly, via run: java VoteDialog;
> I think the CLASSPATH is ok

In the Terminal that does work from, check that
you don't have the CLASSPATH environment set,
or any other JAVA or JVM related variables.

Check this with the set or env command.

You may have to add some of these values
into your java_application.sh script file.

--
Nigel Pearson, nigel at ind.tansu.com.au|  4  8
Telstra Net. Eng., Sydney, Australia | 15 16