[mythtv] Requesting Myth developer help for LinuxMCE 1.1

Paul Paul paul2004 at writeme.com
Tue Apr 3 21:23:35 UTC 2007

The MythTV integration with LinuxMCE 1.0 (linuxmce.com) was quite poor.
It does show the Myth EPG guide and let you pick channels and surf using
the gyro mouse.  There are several Myth-related issues I'd like to addess
in the upcoming 1.1 release, which will include much better Ubuntu
integration too:

1.    Myth is crashing all the time.  When you change channels quickly
you get "Video error" messages a lot, and also often times the front end
is unable to connect to the back end even though it's running.  I can
reproduce these problems easily.  There must be something that's not
happening right in the scripts that auto-configure myth, however, it's
baffling because I get similar problems when using Myth the regular way
with myth setup.

2.    When navigating the EPG with the gyro remote, it does work, but the
record and bookmark buttons don't work.  I dug through the code, and it
appears there is no way to do a jumppoint in myth to go straight to the
recording page for a particular show.  This probably requires something
added to myth's socket control code.

3.    A few smaller misc. integration issues, some of which may require
small tweaks in the myth code.

Is there any developer on the myth side that knows myth's code well and
would like to work with me to get this integration improved for lmce 1.1?

Thanks,
Paul