[mythtv] MySql: program.category_type, programid etc ... and Mythfilldatabase question

Stuart Morgan stuart at tase.co.uk
Tue Apr 3 13:36:44 UTC 2007

On Tuesday 3 April 2007 00:14:40 Ma Begaj wrote:
> Nobody has any information about this?

movie, series, sports, tvshow

Only 'film' is translated to 'movie'. This is a nasty hack and we should
really look for a translation based alternative but until then, this is how
it works. If the above names aren't in English then they will be ignored.

The programid is used to match duplicates (two programs with the same
programid won't be recorded twice). If it's not possible to obtain this
information from the source accurately, then it is better ignored. It mostly
exists for the benefit of DataDirect users in the US.

> What happens if a show has more than one category? As I understand
> this, only one category will imported, others will be ignored. But
> which category will be used? First one in XML or are there some other
> criteria?

It would be the first in the XML, unless it matches one of the four above in
which case it would be the second. If you're confused then you are not
alone - I don't understand why either.

> I would add a flag "--optimize-for-mythtv" for german XMLTV grabber if
> you could give me more information.

If you add such functionality then it will need to be done as
a 'preferredmethod' and added to the xmltv specs.
--
Stuart Morgan