[mythtv] DataDirect service

Bruce Markey bjm at lvcm.com
Tue Apr 3 02:10:20 UTC 2007

brian wrote:
>    Bruce J. Markey, where are you?   :)

I am in no way affiliated with zap2it, TMS or The Chicago
Tribune. You may be thinking of tmstom who may have been
reading and posting to these lists at times but they should
be contacted at the labs forums. That's what I do when I
have issues with their service.

>    Over the past several weeks, the data feed from DataDirect is
> becoming increasingly "generic" and (for
> scheduling/dupe-checking/guide-browsing purposes) more and more useless.

Been mentioned several times. I can only speculate that they
may have had a recent change in software, procedures or
personal that has resulted in more inaccuracies in recent weeks.

>    On the USA network, my MythTV is set to record previously-unseen
> episodes of "Monk".  All of the listings for this program in DataDirect

[wah, wah, waaah]

Are you posting these to zap2it? If not, are you posting these
to any cars for sale or Italian cooking lists too?

For all the people whining here, I only see one post at the
labs fourms with zero replies.

>    Bruce, if you're listening (or still reading this)... is there any

Naw, I stopped reading. You're barking up the wrong tree.
You need to tell them about the problems with their service.

--  bjm