[mythtv] DataDirect service

brian turbo at talstar.com
Tue Apr 3 01:25:21 UTC 2007

Michael T. Dean wrote:

>>    Over the past several weeks, the data feed from DataDirect is
>> becoming increasingly "generic" and (for
>> scheduling/dupe-checking/guide-browsing purposes) more and more useless.
>
> http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/261524#261524
>
> (Steve Adeff found the info, but I'm linking to my post because it also
> encourages you to let mythfilldatabase's daily runs pick up updated
> "tomorrow's" data once TMS fixes the issue rather than forcing a refresh.)

   I think, by default, I typically get "refreshed" for "tomorrow's"
data, as I'm fetching my "12 days worth" on the daily run... the problem
here, though, is that the data that is sent on "refresh" does not gibe
with what is listed on their html service.  It's like the "updates" on
their listing service no longer replace/update the data in their
DataDirect stream.... thus, we never get it.  We do, indeed, get a
'refresh' of "tomorrow", but it's not the current schedule data.   If
you were to clear out all of the MythTV listing data entirely, and
download anew, it'd still be wrong.

   As long as they are aware of the issue, and are actively working on
it, I guess that's all we can ask for, eh?  :)

  - briand