[mythtv] XvMC VLD extension (beginnings of fix)

Terry Barnaby terry1 at beam.ltd.uk
Wed Sep 27 08:22:28 UTC 2006

Chad wrote:

>> > The latest SVN should work, and the patch should be applied in the
>> > mythtv/libs/libmythtv directory.  I should have run the patch from the
>> > SVN root, sorry for the confusion.
>> >
>> > mike
>

>> The stuttering you are seeing sound like the same problem I am seeing
>> and trying to track down.
>> See the thread "[mythtv] XvMC VLD Decoding stuttering problems on some
>> videos".
>>
>> Terry
>

> I'm trying to build a "test bed" for this using the latest SVN,
> however I'm hitting a few brick walls.  I've got a 'farm' of mythtv
> equipment all running 0.20.  My main backend is not a unichrome
> system, so isolating 1 machine to upgrade/patch is not easy.  I
> created a network booting setup for one of the unichrome machines and
> find that easy to backup/restore things from, but I am not sure how to
> replicate the required entries into the database to carry over 2 to 4
> HD recordings to the test system and have it recognize them as a
> standalone setup.  Any hints?  If I haven't painted a clear picture:
> I have 1 system with all my 'recordings' on it.  My frontend only
> system is a unichrome and I've got other unichrome's available (all
> unichrome Pro systems).  How do I replicate the parts of the database
> (or rather, which parts of the database should I be replicating on the
> other system) on a completely seperated system running SVN
> (MYTH_PROTO_VERSIONS is one reason I can't just upgrade 1 system and
> 'test') to have it function as a standalone backend/frontend machine
> with 2 or 3 high def clips to playback as test clips?
>
> Thanks!
>
> -Chad

That is tricky. I have a similar setup, running MythTv 0.20 from
ATRPM's. In my case the SVN version from 2006-09-18 is compatible
(MYTH_PROTO_VERSIONS) with the 0.20 ATRPM's version installed on my server.
So I am building the SVN version and simply running just the program
"mythtv" with the name of a video file to play on my unichrome box from
that SVN source tree setting LD_LIBRARY_PATH to point to the appropriate
SVN source tree's libraries. I enclose a copy of my "hacked" run script
that I use to perform a test run on my Unichrome box.
I don't need to replicate and databases or mod the running system at all.

Terry