[mythtv] firewire commit 11226 and channel changing timing

BP lists at qucae.com
Sun Sep 24 04:33:21 UTC 2006

While this change properly powers on my Mot 6200 (a very nice
enhancement), channel changes after powering on are failing.  The first
digit is not taking.  Watching the display, I see the unit power on,
then the first digit passed, then a quick flash, then the remaining
digits.  For instance, if it is tuning to 712, I always get 12.

Testing with live tv, this is 100% reproduceable for me.  I have not
tested with scheduled recordings.

Is it possible to introduce a small delay between the power command and
the channel command to give STBs a chance to fully initialize?  It does
look like the code already has "sleep(1)".  Perhaps just bump that a bit?