[mythtv] Mac OS X Linker Flags

Nigel Pearson nigel at ind.tansu.com.au
Thu Sep 21 03:33:37 UTC 2006

> means that every program which links against libmythtv (which seems
> to be all of them - I don't see a distinction between frontend and
> backend) must also be a bundle and include the AVCVideoServices
> framework inside it.

	Yes. There was some reason why that lib could
not be created when AVC wasn't in its link line.
Now that the makefile uses -undefined warning,
it might not have that restriction any more.

> Adding
>
> CONFIG += console
>
> to mythfilldatabase.pro

	Aah. I was wondering how to do that. Thanks!

> There *IS* one catch though ! If anyone ever calls to the Darwin
> Firewire code(eg darwin-firewirechannel.cpp) without linking against
> the framework they'll crash (unresolved symbols at runtime).

	Is it possible for some code there
to access a symbol from that library
(e.g. AVCVideoServicesVersionNumber)
to eliminate that risk?

--
Nigel Pearson, nigel at ind.tansu.com.au|"I haven't tested it yet, but
Telstra Net. Eng., Sydney, Australia | it should be perfectly safe."