[mythtv] packed image format and new deinterlacers

Markus Schulz msc at antzsystem.de
Sat Sep 16 17:10:29 UTC 2006

Am Samstag, 16. September 2006 18:44 schrieb Isaac Richards:
> On Saturday 16 September 2006 12:27 pm, Markus Schulz wrote:
> > Currently i'm searching for the source where the fields will weaved
> > together into the AVFrame (and later VideoFrame). Still not found
> > yet.
>
> That's how they're decoded (and recorded, in the case of software
> encoding).

yes, but decoded from mpg2 stream will be seperate fields. And i look
for the code where two fields will be build together to one (full
sized) frame. But currently i can't find this code. Perhaps you can
point me to this source?
I've found DecodeMPEG2Video and avcodec_decode_video calls (libmpg2 and
ffmpeg). The resulting AVFrame from this calls contains a complete
frame (two combined fields), therefore inside this calls the combine
should go, but where?

--
Markus Schulz