[mythtv] mythmusic: libmp4ff dependency

Steven Adeff adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com
Fri Sep 15 14:07:55 UTC 2006

On 9/15/06, Alexander Fisher <alexjfisher at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 15/09/06, Steven Adeff <adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com> wrote:
> > I can't find this anywhere, it doesn't seem to actually exist anymore,
> > its not even in the faad2 branch like its "supposed to be". Anyone
> > know what the deal with this is?
>
> Hi Steve
>
> I looked into this a few days ago.  Download ubuntu's faad2 source
> package and rebuild the debs under debian.
> http://packages.ubuntu.com/edgy/source/faad2
> This is what I did to install faad2 on Debian Sarge anyway.
>
> From the ubuntu changelog ...
>
> * libmp4ff isn't shipped by default anymore: for compatibility reasons
> we ship it
>
> I take it you're trying to get AAC support working in myth music?
>
> Cheers,
> Al

Indeed I am! I extracted the files from the old deb
(libfaad2-0_2.0.0-0.3_i386.deb) I have to get it working, which it
looks like is basically what Ubuntu does here. Problem is, it breaks
the mplayer packages to have it installed, which is why I did it this
way.

Should I open a ticket for this? It seems like what AAC support needs
libmp4ff for should be changed to use other libraries. I believe its
used for tag support, which I know at least Amarok uses taglib now, so
it seems like MythMusic should move on too?

--
Steve
Before you ask, read the FAQ!