[mythtv] MythDVD fails assert

Chase Douglas cndougla at purdue.edu
Tue Sep 12 20:29:24 UTC 2006

I upgraded to Mythtv 0.20 last night and am very pleased. However, if
I try to use Mythdvd, mythfrontend aborts. The output using
mythfrontend -v all is:

2006-09-12 16:19:17.607 TV: Attempting to change from None to
WatchingPreRecorded
libdvdnav: Using dvdnav version 0.1.10-xine from http://xine.sf.net
libdvdread: Encrypted DVD support unavailable.
libdvdnav: DVD Title: XMENSE_DISC1
libdvdnav: DVD Serial Number: 2D825A41
libdvdnav: DVD Title (Alternative): XMENSE_DISC1
libdvdnav: Unable to find map file '/home/mythtv/.dvdnav/
XMENSE_DISC1.map'
Got Here!
libdvdnav: DVD disk reports itself with Region mask 0x00fe0000.
Regions: 1
2006-09-12 16:19:17.619 Opened DVD device at //dev/dvd
libdvdnav: Suspected RCE Region Protection!!!
libdvdnav: ifoRead_TITLE_VOBU_ADMAP vtsi failed
mythfrontend: vm.c:1479: process_command: Assertion `0' failed.
Aborted

I've tried to debug it, but when I fire up gdb and try to list
ifoRead_TITLE_VOBU_ADMAP it says "No line number known for
ifoRead_TITLE_VOBU_ADMAP" and I don't know how to fix that. The
function is a part of libmythdvdnav. If someone could help me get gdb
to work in debugging this, I would be happy to give it a shot.

Thanks,
Chase