[mythtv] Potential problem on xebian - xinerama

William Munson wmunson at rochester.rr.com
Sun Sep 10 20:38:49 UTC 2006

Martin Long wrote:
> Have a lot of problems with this on Xebian, using SVN head. I don't know
> if it's going to be a potential problem with 0.20.
>
> I'm using an E-image which already had 0.19 installed, so I know that
> myth works on this dist. When I try to install 0.20, I'm getting a
> dependency on libXinerama.so.1. This happens both when I build on my
> other PC, and copy across before doing a 'make install' and also when I
> use apt-get from http://home.arcor.de/scorpidnb/mythtv/svn11024/debian/
>
> Problem is... libxinerama-dev has a dependency on x11-common, and
> x11-common needs xfree86-common to be REMOVED. In fact it needs all of
> these to be removed:
>
> lbxproxy libdps1 libqt3-mt-dev libxft1 proxymngr twm xfree86-common xfwp
> xlibmesa-gl-dev xlibmesa-glu-dev xlibs xlibs-static-dev xprint
> xprt-xprintorg xserver-common
>
> This pretty much breaks xebian. I've tried doing it.
>
> Is there a dependency on X.Org for 0.20? If so, then xebian is going to
> need some hefty reworking to bring it up to scratch (the current release
> is over a year old now). Otherwise, is there an option to compile
> without the xinerama support?
>
> Has anyone got 0.20 working on xebian yet, or is anyone testing it? How
> about XFedora? If I can get a working E-image going, I'll keep it
> up-to-date, and distribute it when 0.20 is finalised.
>
> Martin

I have svn running on xebian upgraded from 0.19 e-image. Its been a
while since I did it so I no longer remember the exact details. I do
remember that I had to manually force the installation of a couple of
rpms manually with the 'rpm --replace-files' option to get everything
updated to the latest but since then everything has run smoothly. Dont
forget to change the repo listing to multimedia.debian.org since some of
the repos have moved since that release.