[mythtv] [mythtv-commits] mythtv commit: r11054 by bjm

Otto Kolsi otto at kolsi.fi
Tue Sep 5 09:33:46 UTC 2006

Colin Guthrie wrote:
>> Lots of fixes for the incomplete "Retro" theme that made it's way
>> into myththemes. It appears this was dumped in as-is with no attempt
>> to verify that it was up to snuff :(. Not sure why we need to
>> maintain another 'menu on the left, clip art on the right over a
>> blue background' but it's there. I wanted to remove it but tried to
>> fix it instead.
>
> Thanks for this. Personally I love the Retro theme :)
>
> It's actually the one used as a screen shot on the Wiki homepage ;)
>
> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Main_Page

A side notice.. I tested Retro when it was merged to SVN. I started to
have strange problems, frontend disappearing etc. My frontend is
diskless client that uses NFS and does not have swap, it has 512M memory.

I then noticed that Retro theme used ~100M more RAM than MythCenter-wide
that I normally use. After clean boot -> mythwelcome -> mythfronend I
have e.g. 165M free memory with mythcenter and only 65M with Retro.

What happened with Retro was that at some point memory was consumed and
Linux/kernel OOM-killer stepped in and killed frontend.

So I'll be using Retro once I've added another 512M to my machine..
unless these resent fixes change the memory requirements.
--
   Otto