[mythtv] skipping of videos in mythvideo...

Steven Adeff adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com
Sat Sep 2 16:56:09 UTC 2006

On 9/2/06, Jochen Kühner <jochen.kuehner at gmx.de> wrote:
> Dave Oxley schrieb:
> >> why???

because it could be as much user error as a bug, and until it is found
to be a bug it is a question to be asked on the user list. If it is
determined that you have a bug, or no one on the user list knows what
the problem is, then bring it to the attention of the dev list.

> >>i use the interenal player, and i think it's a problem of it. i
> >> don't wanna use xine, mplayer or vlc for video playing. i wanna know why
> >> it works with the others and why not with the internal.
> >>

> > Do you mean skip as in 30 second skip forward? If so are you using 64
> > bit? I have this issue also.
>
> no i don' have 64bit.  i also heard that the normal mythtv uses the db
> for skipping, but vlc can also skip my recordings without database infos.
> what is different on the internal player...

What type of file are you playing? The internal player requires mpeg
files seek tables defined in the DB, but AVI's and some other formats
don't require this. For mpeg files you can run
mythcommflag --rebuild --video <filename>

to create the db entry.

--
Steve
Before you ask, read the FAQ!