[mythtv] Playback starting in middle of stream, despite having no bookmark set

Stuart Morgan stuart at tase.co.uk
Fri Sep 1 15:02:53 UTC 2006

On Friday 01 September 2006 01:32, Jack Perveiler wrote:
> I updated to trunk r10954 last week, and since them I've been having
> intermittant cases of recordings playing back from somewhere in the middle
> of the stream despite not having a bookmark set.
<snip>
> I'm going to be extra careful in the future so I'll definitely be able to
> say I haven't saved a bookmark, but in the meantime is there a logging
> level I should use?  I haven't figured out what triggers it precisely so I
> want to be ready for it when it happens.

Ok, a bookmark is clearly being set in the recordedmarkup table so there is a
problem somewhere.

The only logging level which will reliably show the point where this bookmark
is being set is -v mysql, unfortunately it's a very verbose level especially
when recording.

I can't think of anywhere where we might set a bookmark without a
corresponding change to the bookmark flag in the recording table (responsible
for the bookmark icon/notification in mfe/mythweb).

If you can learn a little more, or get some logs with mysql on which show the
the bookmark being inserted into the db etc then open a ticket and assign it
to stuartm
--
Stuart Morgan