[mythtv] MythVideo internal player filetype case sensitive

Steven Adeff adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com
Fri Oct 20 13:15:36 UTC 2006

On 10/20/06, Eggert Thorlacius <eggi-spam at menandmice.com> wrote:
> On 20.10.2006, at 04:17, George Nassas wrote:
> > On 19-Oct-06, at 11:33 PM, Anduin Withers wrote:
> >
> >> If multiple player support ever actually gets in, a dropdown/edit
> >> will be
> >> there.
> >
> > Is something holding this back? I thought I saw a patch for this
> > last spring but it didn't show up in .20.
>
> Would that be this patch: http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/1702
>
> It broke when Anduin applied his big MythVideo patch, and
> reimplementing it would be a bit tricky (the path from where I sent
> in the wantsAltPlayer param to the place where it is acted on is much
> longer now).  I haven't bothered updating the patch because I got no
> feedback on it, but I suppose I could give it another shot if there
> is interest.
>
> Eggert

I'd love to see this get implemented. along with the ability to define
alternate players (ie, one for mplayer, one for xine, plus the
internal player). I find Internal doesn't do so whell on h264 encoded
matroska files, mplayer doesn't support menu's and xine is cumbersome
except for DVD's for which Internal doesn't properly work (at which
point xine is the only option).  Being able to specificly choose one
to use would be great.

--
Steve
Before you ask, read the FAQ!