[mythtv] Default database connection

Kevin Kuphal kuphal at dls.net
Tue Oct 17 00:17:59 UTC 2006

I was responding to some posts on -users and reading through the
documentation on configuring the frontend and came across this:

"When you start mythfrontend for the first time, it will attempt to
connect to a configuration database on the local machine. If there is
none, a "Database Configuration" screen will appear, and you will need
to fill in some details."

Is that the case?  It has been a while since I ran a new frontend.  It
seems that this could be the source of a number of -users questions
because many users just use a package/distribution method to set up
their systems which often includes a running mysql on every machine.  If
I read this right, then on those systems mythfrontend skips the database
configuration?

Just wondering if that is the case or not...

Kevin