[mythtv] Scheduler query

usleepless at gmail.com usleepless at gmail.com
Wed Oct 11 21:38:30 UTC 2006

Dear List,

i would like to point to a possible optimization in the scheduler query.

just for the context: i am running 0.18-fixes on freebsd 4.x/6.x, and
recently had problems with the scheduler query since my program table
was not cleaned up.

here it is ( and i checked against 0.20, which is basically the same ).

scheduler.cpp, around line 2000.

there is a case defined called "progfindid". it is included multiple
times into the following query ( i don't know how mysql handles this
).

as far as i have analyzed, this case-statement is functionally
dependend on "RECTABLE" and "program". but this can be included in the
temp-table "recordmatch" which is created earlier.

i have added a "progfindid" field to the recordmatch table and made it
get the value from the forementioned case statement. i replaced all
occurences of the string "progfindid" to "recordmatch.progfindid".

since it was not the problem that was bugging me, i can't say wether
it was faster or not. and i am not running mysql anyways.

however, since i read a couple of messages on the lists about
video-performance/scheduler activity i thought i needed to share my
observations.

regards,

usleep