[mythtv] Dropping php4 support from MythWeb

Ross Campbell ross.campbell at gmail.com
Wed Oct 11 19:23:20 UTC 2006

On 10/11/06, Chris Petersen <lists at forevermore.net> wrote:
> I'm thinking about dropping php4 support from MythWeb within the next
> release or two (.22 or so at the latest).

So... from a fedora-centric view, I believe this would mean that FC3
and backward would no longer work with a mythweb that requires php5
without either someone building a lot of  new packages or individual
users recompiling apache/php/etc.

If I have 6 months to a year to plan my system upgrades, then I think
I'm okay with this.

> I realize that this will cause some pain for users who might not want to
> upgrade, but php5 has been stable for ages now, and it's a lot of work
> maintaining compatibility with php4 (it requires backporting several
> libraries I use, etc) since I don't run it anymore.

At some point, there's also the issue of moving to QT4 and dropping
QT3 support, right?

-Ross