[mythtv] Frontend crashing in OpenGL when going from livetv to guide

Steve Atkins steve at blighty.com
Mon Oct 9 17:46:12 UTC 2006

On Oct 9, 2006, at 10:22 AM, Michael T. Dean wrote:

> On 10/09/06 11:45, Steve Atkins wrote:
>
>> In 0.20 and head (rev 11466) I'm seeing the frontend crash with an
>> assert in opengl most times I switch from livetv to the guide. It's a
>> new
>> problem since 0.19. This is using a PVR350 for output, so we don't
>> have
>> real opengl support, just mesa.
>>
>>     mythfrontend: ../../../src/mesa/glapi/glapi.c:341:
>> _glapi_get_dispatch: Assertion `api != ((void *)0)' failed.
>>     Aborted
>>
>> Googling around I've seen several workaround suggestions about
>> similar errors, so I've tried running it with UseOpenGLPainter=0,
>>

> When you say this, do you really mean "UseOpenGLPainter=0" or do you
> actually mean "ThemePainter=qt" (i.e. were you hacking on the database
> or did you set the setting properly through the UI)?  There's no
> setting
> in Myth called "UseOpenGLPainter" (anymore).

Could well be why it didn't work. :) I was trying "mythfrontend -
OUseOpenGLPainter=0".

I also tried setting Paint Engine to Qt via the UI, though, and that
didn't work either.

(I was going down the list of previously suggested workarounds
for related problems, rather than sanity checking that they still
made sense in the current version.)

Cheers,
   Steve