[mythtv] Windows port

Robin Neatherway robthebob at gmail.com
Fri Oct 6 09:23:47 UTC 2006

Hi Jerry,

Pleased to hear that someone is having a go at this again. I had a
play with it last year, and managed to get it building, but ran into
some database access errors and then my Master's project took over!

This ticket is where I was posting my patches:
http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/1590 some of which made it in to the
trunk in this changeset: http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/changeset/10005

I would warn you that the DirectX output code is VERY outdated now,
some of the classes like trunk/mythtv/libs/libmyth/audiooutputdx.cpp
weren't even compilable when I started due to parameter changes, but
hopefully still are now. All of my changes were done using _WIN32 as
the #ifdef check, but play it however you want of course. The build
structure was slightly different, I created a separate 'cygwin' target
in the QT build files, but obviously if you are going to use MSVC
that'd be completely different.

I'd be more than happy to test any patches you have, I have spare
machines for testing/compilation purposes.

It's good to see that there is quite a lot of interest, hopefully
this'll actually get finished this time!

Cheers,
Robin