[mythtv] MythArchive bug in 0.20-fixes

Robin Gilks g8ecj at gilks.org
Fri Oct 6 09:15:30 UTC 2006

> On 10/05/06 20:38, Michael T. Dean wrote:
>
>>On 10/05/06 19:09, Simon Dyson wrote:
>>
>>>I just updated to the head of 0.20-fixes and now I can't use
>>>MythArchive. When I go to the Find Files To Archive>Find Recordings
>>>screen the frontend crashes and the following is in the log file:
>>>
>>>mythfrontend: symbol lookup error:
>>>/usr/local/lib/mythtv/plugins/libmytharchive.so: undefined symbol:
>>>_ZNK11ProgramInfo17GetRecordBasenameEv
>>>
>>Did you do a make clean as directed after the recent binary version
>> changes?
>>

> Nevermind about the binary version changes--I didn't notice you said
> -fixes (the version changes were in trunk).  Still, though, it looks
> like doing a make clean in both mythtv and mythplugins directories and
> then recompiling/reinstalling mythtv and then compiling/installing
> mythplugins would be very useful.

I'm seeing a Makefile dependancy bug that results in the same problem. If
I delete libmytharchive.so, then I would expect a make to recreate it (it
is the main target after all!!) but it doesn't. This means that after a
few changes and recompiles the old .so file gets installed into the
runtime lib directory and mayhem results :-(

--
Robin Gilks