[mythtv] Flicker During Video Playback - Testing Older Versions

Nick knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Thu Oct 5 20:10:23 UTC 2006

On 05/10/06, jmk <jmk at foofus.net> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I recently upgraded to the release-0-20-fixes branch (r11261). I'm now
> seeing what I would call random flicker or horizontal lines of varying
> length and location appearing during video playback. Oddly, even when
> the video is paused the lines will continue to appear and disappear.
> I've observed this behavior in both MythTV and MythVideo using the
> Internal player. Viewing images in MythGallery and watching the same
> videos (IVTV and DVD rips) in mplayer, however, looks 100% fine.

I also see these interlacing artefacts on recent SVN versions since
0.20 was released, both in recordings and Internal DVD playback (using
kernel-deint also). It appears to be due to MythTV incorrectly
detecting the interlacing in the video stream. I now select
Interlaced(reversed) from the menu which clears it up, as Autodetect
doesn't work. I hope that in the future there might be an option to be
able to select the default format.

Nick

MythTV Official wiki:
http://mythtv.org/wiki/