[mythtv] Windows port

Petr Stehlik pstehlik at sophics.cz
Thu Oct 5 19:11:10 UTC 2006

Robert LeBlanc píše v Čt 05. 10. 2006 v 12:59 -0600:
> I do have to agree that cygwin would work for us, but some users don't
> have anything to do with Linux and would love to use myth on their
> Windows computer (my roommate is a great example). So having a native
> Windows binary would defiantly be worthwhile endeavor. For now a cygwin
> environment would be fine for us, but I think big picture should be
> native Windows bins. I think it would help boost the popularly of MythTV
> as well.

Even application built with cygwin is still a native Window bin
(compiled natively on Windows with a native compiler - no cross compiler
involved). There would be a native mythfrontend.exe and a couple of
libraries next to it (like e.g. cygwin1.dll). Who cares about dlls?
Every Win app has tons of them... Users wouldn't even know that the
application originated on Linux. They'll simply click on a menu item or
desktop icon and that's it. Mythfrontend would run and they'd be happy.

Petr