[mythtv] Problem tuning to channel after 6pm with 0.20 cont.

Stuart Auchterlonie stuarta at squashedfrog.net
Thu Oct 5 11:26:30 UTC 2006

On Thu, Oct 05, 2006 at 11:50:21AM +0100, Neil Murphy wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Just to say Simon isn't the only one having trouble with channel-4 after
> 6.00pm with mythtv-0.20.
>
> To summarize:
>
> Nova-T DVB tuner.
>
> Tried 0.20 release and 0.20-SVN.
>
> Attempts to watch live channel-4 after 6pm results in a black screen.
> Often "killall mythfrontend" is the only way to recover.
>
> Same happens when attempting to watch recordings of channel-4. (Even the
> preview window in the recording manager can cause a lock-up!)
>
> Mplayer will play the problematic recordings O.K.
>
> I believe the problem is related to the "selectedVideoIndex" stuff in
> "avformatdecoder" used to skip extra video streams. (Channel-4 seems to
> start 2nd and 3rd streams at 6.00pm as someone mentioned earlier.) I've
> tried reverting this code to 0.19 with some success but broke other stuff.
>
> Needs someone who knows what they're doing to sort it out :)

That would be me.. :)

I was looking at this last night and tried a number of different
permutations of settings relating to this and was not able to
capture a stream containing the offending bogus video streams.

Is there any particular show being watched that causes this?

Otherwise, i'll be asking for sample recordings sometime next
week that exhibit the problem.

Stuart