[mythtv] Making Squished 4:3 -> 16:9 again for mytharchive DVDs?

Martin Møller martin at martinm-76.dk
Wed Oct 4 07:54:05 UTC 2006

I do believe it is something like what you're describing. My recorders are all software encoders though and I don't think they get any aspect que parsed onto them...?

As to what I'd like to happen: I'm not sure if it's as easy as setting the right aspect, but I would like letterboxing on 4:3 display and for the recording  to fill the entire screen on a 16:9 display (unfortunately I don't know anyone near me who has one...)

I promise to make a test today when I get home and see if that is all it takes. :)

If it is, the solution should be as simple as providing an override in MythArchive.

/Martin.