[mythtv] what does "DVBRec(1): PID 0x840 discontinuity detected" mean?

Steven Adeff adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com
Tue Oct 3 13:13:42 UTC 2006

On 10/3/06, Daniel Kristjansson <danielk at cuymedia.net> wrote:
> On Tue, 2006-10-03 at 12:11 +0100, Stuart Auchterlonie wrote:
> > On Tue, Oct 03, 2006 at 12:04:35PM +0100, Paul Wheeler wrote:
> > > Is it possible to apply this to fixes as well as trunk? Does it count
> > > enough as a bug?
> > It's in quite a fundamental area of the packet processing,
> > so i'm going to await further reports for a while before
> > considering it for inclusion.
>
> Yeah, let it sit in SVN for a couple weeks.
>
> BTW this was a known problem when I first committed the code,
> but I thought these events would be very rare so I figured it
> wasn't a big deal that you lost two packets instead of one..
> There is probably something wrong with the PCI latencies or
> some hardware malfunction if this is limited to some ATSC cards.

It's not limited to, but it does occur *more often* on my HD3000. Come
to think of it. This all started "around the time" I installed 0.20SVN
after the feature freeze. I need to keep better track of dates/times I
make changes (especially to SVN!).

At first I thought it was just the cable line since we were seeing
dropped frames through our cable box that we have directly connected
to the TV(for the HD channels Myth can't record). The cable guy came
and he said there were some issues, which he fixed. The cable box
connected directly to the TV was fine and his meter was showing no
issues on the line in the closet where my backend is. So now I seek
the advice of the sage's here =)

--
Steve
Before you ask, read the FAQ!