[mythtv] what does "DVBRec(1): PID 0x840 discontinuity detected" mean?

Daniel Kristjansson danielk at cuymedia.net
Tue Oct 3 13:00:55 UTC 2006

On Tue, 2006-10-03 at 12:11 +0100, Stuart Auchterlonie wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 03, 2006 at 12:04:35PM +0100, Paul Wheeler wrote:
> > Is it possible to apply this to fixes as well as trunk? Does it count
> > enough as a bug?
> It's in quite a fundamental area of the packet processing,
> so i'm going to await further reports for a while before
> considering it for inclusion.

Yeah, let it sit in SVN for a couple weeks.

BTW this was a known problem when I first committed the code,
but I thought these events would be very rare so I figured it
wasn't a big deal that you lost two packets instead of one..
There is probably something wrong with the PCI latencies or
some hardware malfunction if this is limited to some ATSC cards.

-- Daniel