[mythtv] [mythtv-commits] mythtv commit: r11390 by danielk

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Tue Oct 3 02:43:38 UTC 2006

On 10/02/06 19:28, mythtv at cvs.mythtv.org wrote:

>      Author: danielk
>        Date: 2006-10-02 23:28:18 +0000 (Mon, 02 Oct 2006)
>New Revision: 11390
>   Changeset: http://cvs.mythtv.org/trac/changeset/11390
>
>Modified:
>
>   trunk/mythtv/libs/libmythtv/frequencies.c
>
>Log:
>
>Refs #2087. Finetunes Cable HRC table.
>
>Our HRC table entries are a few kHz off. This corrects for that with a patch from mtdean at thirdcontact com.
>
>Generally the lower channels were within the rounding error of the bttv and ivtv drivers, but the error accumulates so that at 125 it is three bttv/ivtv finetune ticks from the correct value. If you are using HRC and are not finetuning the upper channels this should improve your analog reception a bit. If you were finetuning, you should clear for your HRC channels.

Daniel, I'm still willing to make a patch for finetuning the frequency
of the digital channels, but I need some input, first.  IRC and standard
cable both allocate 6MHz for each channel while HRC uses 6.0003MHz.
Using this frequency increment, all the appropriate frequencies can be
computed using the already-in-place structure you've defined.

So, to modify the HRC frequencies, we'll need to modify the FREQ()
define to allow specifying the frequency increment.  For both, we'll
have to break out the aeronautical radiocommunication bands from the
bands they're currently in (this is only channels 42, 98, and 99, so it
would require 2 new FREQ() calls).

Any concerns over this approach?

Mike