[mythtv] Some questions about the code

Carl Reynolds mythtv-dev at hyperbole-software.com
Mon Nov 27 06:32:42 UTC 2006

young boy wrote:

>Actually, I am still confused, because having another look, the structure of
>the theme inside mythtv-0.20 looks different to myththeme-0.20. Why have a
>DVR folder contains XML files.
>
>When I execute this command "make install" from myththeme-0.20.. All the
>files are copied to "/usr/local/share/myth/themes".
>
>However, it has other subdirectories from the source appended to this
>directory. So it ends up with
>"/usr/local/share/myth/themes/home/XXX/mythTV/myththeme-0.20". Is this
>correct..
>
>Which directory should it be ??

Sorry to take so long to get back to you. I've had the flu the last
three days.

The themes under the myththemes directory are additional themes.  The
ones in the themes directory of mythtv are the standard ones distributed
with MythTV. I.e. blue, classic, and G.A.N.T. are the standard themes
that come with MythTV.

As far as I know your themes should be installed under
"/usr/local/share/myth/themes". I have no idea why you are seeing
"/usr/local/share/myth/themes/XXX/mythTV/myththeme-0.20".

If you want to modify a theme, the safest way to do it is to
   $ mkdir -p ~/.mythtv/themes/<theme-name>

then copy any theme files you want to modify to that directory and make
your modifications there. You will not be modifying the original files
and you will not run the risk of  copying over the files you modify.

Carl.