[mythtv] Building mythtv on LTSP as local App

Kevin Wambsganz wambs at verizon.net
Mon Nov 27 04:49:26 UTC 2006

Hi All,

Base on some investigation (reading), it seems that when running LTSP terminals, it best to run mythtv as a local appl vs. running it on the server. It looks like X11 display of HD video is too much for it to handle.

So, my plan is to compile mythtv frontend as a local appl. Unfornatuely, I can not just copy the code from the server to the local appl software location, because it compile with different libc, etc...

So, I must recompile mythtv within the LTSP compile env. Ok, so LTSP has a way to do this using LBE. I have build LBE. And the way to build an local appl, it to create a package.def.

Well, I can compile lame, but when I get to mythtv, it does not compile for me. It looks like mythtv uses qmake. Not sure why but the extra steps using qmake confuses the lbe build tool. Its really expects a configure and make only.

Has anyone cross compiled using LTSP or LBE? It looks like qmake always looks into file "/usr/lib/qt3/mkspecs/default/qmake.conf" for configuration, and this does not support cross compile.

Note, I have looked at www.myltsptv.org and minimyth, but these two don't use LBE and www.myltsptv.org is 2 yrs old and is built different and is mostly is german.

Any help we be appreciated.

Thanks,
Kevin W.