[mythtv] About plugin building / multitasking and code changes

Igor Morgado igormorgado.listas at gmail.com
Thu Nov 23 17:08:41 UTC 2006

On 11/23/06, Robin Hill <myth at robinhill.me.uk> wrote:

> On Thu Nov 23, 2006 at 12:27:05PM -0200, Igor Morgado wrote:
>
> > I have a little list of features to build on MythTV.
> >
> > 1. Ability to display PDF, ODTs, ODPs. I first idea is open evince, or
> kpdf.
> > The user will be able to change using ALT+TAB. But I want to build a
> > interface to browse a documents dir (as watch videos plugin). How can I
> > start?
> >
> This one should be a doddle - the "Watch Videos" just works off a list
> of file extensions (and associated applications).  You can add new
> extensions from the client, so just add .pdf with kpdf as the
> default application.  They'll then show up in the browser along with any
> videos.

Right.. but Watch videos has your own configuration. With all mplayer/xine
settings. And everything else.. And has a configuration to open a dir with
videos. This should be uneasy to handle with some users. Maybe I can strip
down the watch video and create the Display Documents with proper setup and
other kind of options. What did you think about it?

Cheers,