[mythtv] EIT not working on Twinhan VP3040 Ter-CI

btsglw btsglw at gmail.com
Sun Nov 19 15:43:07 UTC 2006

Hi,

First off, thanks to all the developers and people who offer support
via this list.  Thanks to you guys and Jarod Wilson's guide I have a 2
tuner backend (PVR 350
and Twinhan VP3040 DVB-T) and a Via Epia minimyth frontend in my kitchen.

Now, onto my problem. I'm currently battling with trying to get epg
data via EIT on
my Twinhan VP3040 DVB-T.  The card works great for tuning, recording
and watching LiveTV on all channels (both FTA and encrypted ones via
CI and Conax CAM and legal subscription card) . The video source
attached to the card is set to grab data via EIT and all the channels
for this source
are set to use the  on air guide.

Whenever the backend tries to update the program guide I get the
following in the log:

EITScanner: StartActiveScan called with 8 multiplexes
New High level CI handler
Sending message=[9f 80 30 ]
DVBSignalMonitor(0)::constructor(3,Warning, can not measure Bit Error
Rate): Operation not supported
DVBSignalMonitor(0)::constructor(3,Warning, can not count Uncorrected
Blocks): Operation not supported
EITScanner: Now looking for EIT data on multiplex of channel 302
EITCache: Pruning all entries that ended before UTC 2006-11-15T21:27:48
EITCache: Deleting old cache entries from the database
Sending message=[9f 80 31 ]
Debug: 159 128 49 2 11 0 0 1 11 0 165 255 255 255 255 255 255 255 255 255
EITScanner: EIT scan ignoring sourceid..
TVRec(1): EIT scanning disabled for all sources on this card.

This log was generated with -v  eit,siparser.

MythTV 0.20 fixes was installed from ATRPMs
(mythtv-backend-0.20-146.fc6.at - svn 11683), kernel is
2.6.18-1.2849.fc6 and I'm
using the dst driver that comes with the kernel. Just to mention that
using kaffeine (compiled from source) I can get current + next show
epg data. And when I connect up a Windows installation on a spare hard
disk, mytheatre shows a program guide.

If you need more data or a more complete log file just let me know.

TIA

Veronica