[mythtv] Suggestion to avoid backend crashes with DVB MPEG errors

Rene Bartsch ML at Bartschnet.de
Sun Nov 19 15:24:28 UTC 2006

Hi,

I'm new to the list and mythtv, so "Hello" to all! :-)

As I'm on the very first beginnings of my C/C++ career (I've just produced
a 8 KHz sound using /dev/dsp1), I cannot provide a patch.

But the idea is quite simple (also used by VDR when that problemes came up).

Just fork a new process for each recording.

If a single recording fails because of a broken TS stream, all other
recordings and the backend will keep working. A additional idea for the
backend would be a watchdog process restarting the backend (also used by
VDR).

Have Phun with MythTV ;-)

Renne