[mythtv] Some questions about the code

young boy y_111man at hotmail.com
Fri Nov 17 13:10:28 UTC 2006

Hi Chris and Carl,

I was following the code in MythWeather. I would like to invoke  certain
methods according to what the user select on the menu. I saw that
MythWeather extend MyDialog

Then I saw the code in MythDVD using mythThemedMenu..

I am having problem catching what the menu the user select on the screen.

In the info_menu.xml ..

<action> Plugin MythExample </action>

I saw a different key is used in optical_menu.xml

<action> Jump Play DVD </action>

Question 1: How do I handle in the code differently if used "JUMP".. ??

Assuming that, I will need to change the code in setUpKey() and called it in
  MythTV init()

REG_JUMP("Play DVD", "DVD", "", printMessage);

I then used MythThemedMenu * dialog = new MythThemedMenu(.......)
dialog->setCalling(DVDCallback, NULL)
GetMythMainWindow()->GetMainStack()->AddScreen(diag);

Question 2: is this how the dialog wil be added to the screen. I could not
tell that is the case.. because this function DVDCallback() was never called
when I select the menu. thanks