[mythtv] [mythtv-commits] mythtv commit: r11750 by danielk

Daniel Kristjansson danielk at cuymedia.net
Thu Nov 16 22:52:04 UTC 2006

On Thu, 2006-11-16 at 17:04 -0500, Andreas Wrede wrote:

> >> It seems to only affect "fresh" databases.  I finished my scan/
> >> xmltvid
> >> assignment/mythfilldatabase and now it works fine with r11751.
> >>
> >> I can also delete/add a capture card and it works fine with that
> >> card, too.
> >
> > Hmm, I can't reproduce this so long as a Video source is selected, are
> > you sure you selected a video source before doing the scan?
>
> Yes. In mythtv-setup, I deleted all capture cards and all video
> sources first. I than added the digital card, added a Video Source
> (DataDirect) for the card. In Input Connections, I selected the newly
> created digital card, the newly created Video Source. Scan for
> channels will then produce the message "Failed to open card" in the
> Scan Type field.

Doh! I tried deleting and recreating the capture cards, but I didn't
want to do that for my sources since it required me to back up my
DB and I thought there was no way the problem could be there. Anyway
the problem is with the VideoSourceSelector query, it depends on the
channels table not being empty. This was a bug in the transport editor's
VideoSourceSelector which the channel scanner inherited when I merged
the two VideoSourceSelector classes.

I've committed a fix in [11768].

-- Daniel