[mythtv] iTunes script updated for 0.20

Sean McVeigh mythtv at beerbot.ca
Sun Nov 12 06:45:02 UTC 2006

I just spent some time updating the mythtv-itunes.pl script from this
site:
http://simonster.com/mt/archives/000038.html
I updated it to work with mythmusic 0.20, and added a bit of
fill-in-the-blanks functionality for songs with missing album names,
etc.
Also, it skips creating the "Library" playlist (ie. ALL of your music)
Someone had previously done similar work and posted it on another
website, but for one reason or another, I couldn't download their
script.  (probably being parsed by their webserver as cgi :P)

Anyhow... I'll drop it here in case anyone would find it useful:
www.beerbot.ca/mythtv-itunes.pl

Simply copy your entire ~/Music/iTunes folder from your mac to your
mythtv machine, "search for new music" in mythmusic, twiddle the
parameters at the head of the script and give it a run.   Any existing
playlists get blown away, although that would be easy to circumvent if
you so choose (circa line 87).
On my setup, a few files get skipped, but that appears to be because
they were not imported into the DB when mythmusic scanned new files.
Of course, any combination of symlinks and smb/nfs mount points can be
used to keep things in sync with your iTunes library.

Cheers,
Sean