[mythtv] Freebox TS streams require greater MAX_SCAN_PACKETS

Philippe p.crassous at free.fr
Fri Nov 10 21:47:45 UTC 2006

I am using the newly added Freebox  recorder. It records the TS streams
from my ISP.

With the default MAX_SCAN_PACKETS value in libs/libavformat/mpegts.c,
some streams play without sound in myth whereas they play OK in other
readers (windows VLC, for instance).
(some details in
http://mythtv.org/pipermail/mythtv-users/2006-September/150721.html)

After (a long ...) investigation, I could find that myth scans the
stream for a PAT packet and in these streams it is sometimes  beyond the
40000th packet

Increasing MAX_SCAN_PACKETS to 60000 fixed the issue for me.

Would someone include this fix if there is no drawback? Should I open a
ticket ??

Thank you

Philippe